April 11, 2024

It is not just Dollar General , Target steals from their customers too

 

Exhibit One for the prosecution is right here.

There was a big sign on the shelf at Target last night indicating Coke products were buy one, get one half off. Regular price was $7.99. You could mix and match.

If my history major math is right, the total cost should be $11.99 for two 12 packs. If you take a 25% deduction from each, then each would be $5.99. Pretty much the same price for two. I won’t quibble over a penny or two. How does Target determine the price is $6.30 (or $6.31)? And why are they different?

Lest you think I was mistaken about the sale price, take a look at the receipt. It indicates the price was $7.99 and “Buy 1 get 1 50%”. When we rang up the 12-pack, the wife checked the screen and it rang up at $5.99 each. Then magically, when we totaled to check out, the price changed to $6.31 each. We did not discover this until we got home.  And yes, the wife entered her frequent shopper card so that was not why we were cheated. Also, sales tax was collected at the end so that does not account for the discrepancy.

In addition, two more items rang up higher than the shelf price. 

Sure, the price gouge on the Cokes was only about sixty cents, but it is the principal. The wrong shelf price can be checked to bad employees or incorrect pricing in the system (still inexcusable) but the change in price on the Coke products is deliberate. Target Stores stole from me. 

If I took a five finger discount on a candy bar they would be in their right to hold me responsible, including prosecution. Why is this different?

If anyone can explain why I am wrong I will be happy to apologize.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target is woke.

And as a woke-ist would say: Because... Shut up raycist!

Linda said...

The excuse I get for things like this is that it is the fault of corporate. I then to believe them. But, yes, they can change it in the store. Stand there long enough and they find a way to make it right.

If something is bogo, buy one get one free and the price ends with an odd number, one item will be one cent higher than other.

Ed Bonderenka said...

You are wrong by the fact that you support Target.
I once went to my favorite grocery store and mistyped the SKU for Navel Oranges and it still came up $599 per pound.
I took a picture.
Sure it was the wrong SKU, but why would that even be in there?

Scott said...

Hopefully, Target is not in charge of vote tallying. I would much prefer Chik-Fil-A be in charge of the whole system.

Anonymous said...

Indeed Scott

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger