May 2, 2008

Friday Five

Do you remember those hot summer days as a kid when the carnival would mysteriously show up at the grocery parking lot and in hours you could ride the tilt-a-whirl, the scrambler or the bullet? You would rush home and scrape up your quarters and beg some money from your mom to ride the rides. Remember the flashing lights and the smell of grease and oil and machinery and sweat and corn dogs and cotton candy? They never do that around here any more.

I enjoyed the Friday Quiz last week, so lets do the lyric challenge again. Some are hard, some not so much. Remember no using Google or search engines!

1. Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me
Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you
Fly me to the moon -- Jerry

2.Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
It used to be so nice, it used to be so good
SOS by ABBA -- Mrs JG

3.The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Engines stop running and the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
London is drowning-and I live by the river
London Calling by the Clash -- Otter

4. Then I got mary pregnant and man that was all she wrote
And for my nineteen birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat
We went down to the courthouse and the judge put it all to rest
No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle
No flowers no wedding dress
The River by Springsteen -- Mrs JG

5.Sister Bluebird flying high above,
Shine your wings forward to the sun.
Hide the myst'ries of life on your way.
Though you've seen them, please don't say a word.
What you don't know, I have never heard.
Starship Trooper by Yes -- RalphD00d

bonus (this one is for you Dragon):

Lime and limpid green, a second scene
A fight between the blue you once knew.
Floating down, the sound resounds
Around the icy waters underground.
Jupiter and Saturn, Oberon, Miranda
And Titania, Neptune, Titan.
Stars can frighten. Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger