1. I am in a good mood today. My daughter came to visit last night. It is the first I have seen her in over a month. Plus she brought me some oatmeal scotchies she made.
2. History will paint Ronald Reagan as one of our greatest Presidents
3. Some enterprising producer should make a movie about George Rogers Clark. I have been doing a bit of research for a future blog post (boredom alert), and his exploits make Rambo look like a pussy.
4. Global Warming is a monumental hoax
5. Roe v. Wade will not be overturned in my lifetime, nor will the second amendment. To do away with either would put the country in political peril. It would also ensure the other side would win the next several elections, and neither the Dims or the Pugs are willing to let that happen.
6. Peanut Butter and honey or jelly is a classic lunch, especially served with Fritos. Choosy mothers choose Jiff (smooth) and there is no way I am going to let anyone say my Mom did not give me the best. If you use any other kind of peanut butter, you are make a grave error in life.
7. Sensible people load the toilet paper so it unrolls from the top of the roll, not the back.
8. Anyone who believes the only reason Marxism/socialism/Communism hasn't worked so far because the right people have not been in charge is a fucking uneducated idiot with no grasp of history.
9. Beef and noodles should be served with mashed potatoes. Breaded pork tenderloin should be served with macaroni and cheese.
10. The defense of Rorke's Drift is one of the most heroic events I have ever read about. I am certain the movies and written accounts do not give justice the fear, confusion and desperate fighting endured by both sides.
11. I think this past Sunday we saw three of the best ten quarterbacks ever to play the game of football start for their respective teams.
12. I think Steve Howe is an underrated guitar player and there is no reason on earth that Yes is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (and Run DMC is?).
13. Fall is going to take this foot and whop us on the right cheek and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. There will still be a few summer-like weekends to come, but snow will fly in less time than we want to believe.
14. A good cigar and a cold beer will do wonders to improve your outlook on a bad week. getting laid will do that too, as far as I can remember.
15. I miss having a dog around.
16. The Sand Pebbles is an awesome movie.
17. If you want some good reading try one of these authors: Stephen Hunter, WEB Griffith, Stephen Coonts, Louis L'Amour, Tim Dorsey, or Patrick 'Brian. (Are you reading this Ralph?)
18. I will not be writing a September 11 post tomorrow. If you have to be reminded, there is no hope for you.
What do you know?