January 17, 2011

A light wintery mix

It is the same old dilemma. Do I post to keep posting or wait until I have something of substance to offer. If I choose the latter it may be a long while before you hear from me again. If I choose the former you will get more drivel regarding what I ate, what I read yesterday or what movie captured my short attention. In other words, do you want a peeping tom view through a frosted, dirty window, or do you want erudite and insightful commentary?

I could just refer you to my dusty archives.  There is plenty of both there -- interesting, insightful and pure tripe. Want to know why gas prices are so high?  See the archives for February of 2008.  The premise is the same today. I could preach my particular brand of politics to the choir, but you are already ahead of me in the hymnal. 

So here we find ourselves, you and I, on a Monday morning. Should I post a bit o'crap for you?  Should I spend time on research for a history piece that will bore you to tears?  Perhaps I could just put up a video of some classic rock. Perhaps a list of the best/worst/funniest/saddest/movies/songs/books. Maybe I will offer some political insight into the latest goings on in Washington.

Put up your money.  Make your Final Jeopardy wagers.

You have your answer.

Update:

Ignore the above. read this. List the column as number 537 in the "I wish I had written that" category. I would not change a word.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Look, I know what you mean. I don't have time to write what I want to the way I want to.
I enjoy reading whatever you write. Don't know why.
But you have performed a great public service by pointing people to that column.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger