August 12, 2011

A Friday slice of life

We find ourselves in front of the old computer on a Friday morning. I suspect you are all about politicked out.

I started this dying blog as a means to vent, to tell some jokes and write. My writing skills have deteriorated, of that there is no doubt. You have heard all of my boring stories and lame jokes. I bet you roll your eyes when I start in, just like my wife. She thinks I don't see her do it, but she is wrong.

But things are what they are. I get pissed and vent my political frustrations here. No one else wants to hear it in my real life, so you get the benefit of my wisdom. Lucky you.

There is a sense of panic around the old homestead. School starts next Wednesday. The boy begins his senior year and the wife goes back to work. The boy is swimming and staying with friends and hanging out as much as possible. Video games are on until the wee hours of the morning. The wife suddenly remembers every project she meant to do and is trying to cram months worth of work into days. My oldest son is moving into a new house with his band and my daughter has taken a new teaching job, so we have been helping her move her accumulated junk to the new school. I did miss out on the back-to-school shopping when i was on a business trip last week. Good for me!

Change is in the late summer air. So far not for me, and I hope it stays that way.

Had some routine blood work done yesterday. My doctor is happy as can be. I had significant improvement from the last blood work in the spring. My lipids were down to 127 from 221last time. Bad cholesterol was down to 78 from 145. A1C was 6.2 only slightly down from a previous 6.3. But far better than the 7.9 it was last fall.

There are some good things about living in a small town. How many people can go to the lab on a Thursday morning and have the results back and get a report from the doctor by two in the afternoon?

There you have it, a boring post without a trace of politics. I hope you have a great Weekend.

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

Grats on the bloodwork! Keep it going!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger