May 20, 2013

Quick Hit Monday

The boy is not happy.  He came home in the wee hours of the night, long after the wife and I went to bed. This morning, just before eight o'clock, a crew armed with a Bobcat-mounted jackhammer started tearing the concrete in front of the house. It looks like it is our cul-de-sac's time for pavement repair. The boy's bedroom is in the front of the house.he is not happy.

So, I put in a load of laundry very early this morning.  I was standing at the washer, waiting on the spin cycle to end when I felt something creeping along my arm.  I looked down and the tickle was a trickle of bright red blood.  My blood.  It was oozing from a long scratch on my arm that had not been there a few moments before.  How do you get scratched deep enough to bleed when standing still? How can a person not feel that scratch? Am  I turning into one of those paper-thin skinned  old men you see tottering through the grocery? Where do I buy one of those fishing hats anyway? I suppose I need me some high-waisted double-knit slacks.

Saturday I helped a friend roof his garage. It has been a long time since I spent a day swinging a hammer. Yesterday and today I am feeling the ache of seldom used muscles.  Not so much in the arm, but the back of my thighs, buttocks and lower back.  Getting up and down are a chore.

When did I turn into an old man?

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Old men don't roof.
You're ok.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger