March 22, 2005

I have a daughter

I have a daughter. She is 18. We are looking at colleges etc. One, if you are not very rich, very poor or a minority, you are screwed. They say anyone can go to college. Bullshit. They will take everything you save, your kid saves and you will pay that much. It does not matter what bills you have or other financial obligations. FAFSA says you can give up 28% of your income for College. Yeah, I have that right here in my wallet....



Get a second job, wait, that means you make more money. Guess what, your share is higher next year. I guess I should divorce my wife, then only her income will count. Too bad we are not a minority, over 1/2 of the scholarships my daughter has looked at require you to be a minority. Of course, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, as long it is not a white mind.

Of course you will all accuse me of being racist. I am not. Discrimination is discrimination and anytime you give someone preferential treatment because of race (hear that Michigan) it is DISCRIMINATION.

Somehow we will make sure she can go. She is bright, popular, and has a drive to succeed. She is in the top 10% of her class. She is class president. She is a winner in every aspect of life. She will make a difference. Hell, I should tell her more often, but I am proud of her!

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger