June 17, 2008

Engineers -- who needs 'em

Monday is in my rear view mirror. Enough about that.

Due to the massive amounts of rain we have had in this area the baseball schedule is completely messed up. Last night we played a double header. Then we play Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. They are kids, and they recover fast, but that is too much. We won the opening game of the double header and lost the second game. We are better than both teams. In the second game, we had one bad inning and the boys just kind of gave up after that. They were just tired. The boy went 4 for 7 for the evening. He drove in the winning run in game one with a walk-off single. For the night he had four hits, one walk and one strikeout. The team is now 3-3 for the season. We should have one or two losses at the most.

I had a great Father's Day, thanks for the well-wishes. I did not get laid though. I guess falling asleep at 10:30 in the chair had something to do with that. My daughter and her boyfriend were here and my Mom and Dad came down. Unfortunately the oldest boy had to work, and the youngest went with a friend to see the Red Sox in Cincy again. He is one spoiled kid (actually his friend's dad paid for the tix). We put some burgers on the grill and I whipped up some potato salad, macaroni salad and some deviled eggs. For desert I got out the ice cream freezer and made home-made ice cream. Oh, and I had a few beers too.

Finally, a word of note. I hope that sorry no good bastard who invented the star-shaped head on screws a ton of misery. I would like to kick that fucker right in the crotch with steel toed cowboy boots. Then I would ram a splintery two by four right up his ass. I would ream it around so the corners sheared off just like those cheap assed easy strip fasteners he designed. A pox on the car companies for putting those rotten bastards all over the car, making easy repairs become difficult and expensive. One example of an engineer fucking up a perfectly good system to justify his job. I hope you get the pox, nameless white-coated asshole.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger