September 26, 2008

Friday Five Travelogue

In my travels I will stray from the beaten path to see a site of interest, if I have time. In Marshall County, Indiana, not far from Plymouth is the first monument or memorial erected to an Indian (Native American if you prefer) in the US.

It is the Chief Menominee Memorial. Menominee was a Potawatami. Say that with me --"Potawatami". Isn't that fun? Indian words are enjoyable. Ojibwa. Delaware. Tecumseh. Shawnee. Miami. Apache. Potoka. Milwaukee. Kickapoo. Menominee. Missisiniwa. Wabash. Tipecanoe. Mohican. Maumee. Shoshone. Winimac. I could go on forever.

Anyway, here are some pics:



clickee makee bigee

I was going to provide all kinds of historical references and facts for you, but now you have an assignment for the weekend.

Potawatami, indeed.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger