October 15, 2008

Lucky, Lucky You

I should be winging my way to visit a customer about now.

I am of the firm opinion that the OEM supplier of alternators for the Ford Taurus produces a crappy product. Wouldn't it be ironic if my company's widgets were a component of said alternator?

As I am here posting, I bet you have made the connection.

Yes, the alternator died in my car this morning. This is the second one for my company car (you did not think I would buy a Taurus on my own did you?). The first alternator was replaced when I had the car for TWO days. Now just over two years later that one died.

I was at the ATM grabbing a little cash (there was not much to get). As I rolled up the window I noticed the motor pushed up the window very slowly as if it had no power. The radio did not come on when I pushed the button. Uh oh says I to myself. I noticed the dash lights etc are off. This is bad I says as the car seems to miss out a little. The air conditioner is not working. I say a quick prayer and turn in the direction of the dealer (the closest repair place). I make it the mile or so without incident. They tell me they will have a new alternator this afternoon to replace the dead one. I ask for and receive a ride home (in some ways small towns are very good).

So you will get me hanging around the interwebz today, wasting time instead of schmoozing customers. And yes, I might get a little paperwork done. September and October to-date expenses are waiting to be catalogued and turned in.

Some days it is good to be me, and this fine warm fall Wednesday is one of those days.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger