August 6, 2009

Help me Rhonda

I need some advice from you photography experts out there. We were digging around in our rented storage place last week and we ran across about a dozen rolls of 35mm film. I have no idea what is on these rolls or when we took them. I do know they have been inside a pie safe in storage for at least three years, subject to the extremes of Indiana heat in the summer and deep freeze of winter. I expect these pictures are anywhere from seven to ten years old, maybe older.

I am sure whatever is on this film is lost to memory. I am a realist, you cannot lose what you never knew you had. If this film cannot be developed, there will be no tears shed here. Just in case this film contains pictures of my kids at play or at birthday(probably), some holiday footage of long-dead relatives (possibly) or even totally verifiable proof of the existence of Bigfoot and UFOs I would like to get it developed. What I do not want is to spend hard earned money to get 300 double print glossies of nothing. Can this film be salvaged? Most are inside the black plastic containers still. Who knows, I may even have a picture of the shooter on the knoll...

If you are interested, I have a couple rolls of 400 speed 35mm film that is unused for sale that I found in the same place.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger