August 23, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Yesterday the temperature never climbed from the 60s. We are talking August, usually the hottest month in these parts. The wife put on jeans. I flat out refused. There is no way in hell I am wearing long pants in August (except for work). I don't care if it snows. It is a matter of principle. Seriously, is there anyone out there who still believes the global warming stuff?

We met some friends for a fine dinner of barbecue. You cannot go wrong eating smoked pork, even on a cool August evening. You cannot go wrong eating smoked pork, by gosh (I am trying hard to forgo swearing)you could chisel those words of wisdom on my tombstone. Think about it, bacon, ribs, smoked sausage, some of the tastiest foods ever invented. I have nothing against the Joos, but I tell you people, you are missing out. Mmmmmm, bacon....

It rained on and off yesterday, so I did not get to the yard work. I did not get a nap either! Maybe today. Maybe not. The yard needs mowed as well. The bushes may have to wait until next week.

I think it is about time to drop my fat ass in the chair and see if any good movies are on the tube. If not, I have a couple of books to read. Enjoy your day -- tomorrow is Monday! Does that get you all wee-weed up?

I am still not sure what that even means.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger