September 29, 2009

Did I mention I hate the phone company?

I had some other crap to post about today, but in my morning hissy fit I have forgotten what I wanted to say.

What's that? Why am I angry? You were not here last night when the wife opened the phone bill were you?

Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle...the weird bell music plays as the screen blurs and fades...flashback to last evening...

The wife is opening the mail. I never open the mail because it is always bills and they depress me. She opens the phone bill and asks "Hey, what is this? Why is our phone bill so high?"

I snatch it from her hand and and give a mighty WTF? There are $45 in extra charges from companies like findyourdiet.com, and voicemail solutions LLC and billviaphone.com. I never signed up for voice mail (we have a nice digital machine). I vowed to get it all taken care of this morning.

Tinkle, tinkle, etc...back to the present...

So this morning I go through the pain and voice mail hell and holds to get these charges removed. Of course, the number on the phone bill is just a billing company. They give me a different phone number. One company informs me that I am number 8 in line and my call will be answered, etc. After exactly nine minutes and thirty seconds you get an answering machine. I know, I called three times. I never did speak to a person.

To make a long story short I spent 1-1/2 hours dealing with this crap this morning. I am not in a good mood. I did tell one lady that I understand we all need to work. I asked her how she could work for such a sleazy company? I told her I hoped she was working hard to find another job, otherwise I was not sure how she could sleep at night. She was not amused.

It made me feel better.

I really am becoming a crotchety old man.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger