May 3, 2010

Hangings

My office is a home office. That means it is a former bedroom. My office has cathedral ceilings, a ceiling fan and one small window.

It is small, 12 x 12, but it works for me. It has my cheapo black desk, a small filing cabinet and a printer/fax. On my desk is my laptop, a phone, a stoneware beer mug full of pens and a stack of papers. I brought the mug home from a trip to Germany. It features a drawing of the Bamberg Rites Rathaus. There is a cube of note paper and a very small container of paperclips. A coaster supports my coffee mug. The coaster has the Cubs logo.

The back of my desk has some shelves and cubbyholes. They hold a calculator, some files and a stapler. On top of the desk shelves is a plant, a coffee mug my son brought me from Japan and my awesome humidor.

There is a blue checked camel-backed couch and a 12 inch TV in my office. There is a ladder back chair in the corner.

There is a long dress my wife bought for my daughter's wedding and my daughter's wedding dress hanging on the frame of the closet. A large poster of the famous Beatles crossing Abby Road is above the closet, a remnant of the days when this was my daughter's bedroom. There is a copy of a black and white photo featuring Frank, Dean and Peter Lawford walking down the streets of Vegas hanging near my desk. A date of issue Frank Sinatra stamp is stuck in the frame.

On the couch, waiting to be hung, is a terrific large picture of Wrigley Field my wife gifted me yesterday. She said she saw it and thought I would like it. She was right. Some days it is good to be me.

There you have a boring post about my workplace. This is the place I hang for many hours each day. What is in your "office"?

4 comments:

Cappy said...

Very disappointed in the title of the posting. I thought somebody finally hung some of our worthless Cleveland politicians.

Fred said...

What's in my office?

Lawyers... Lots and lots of lawyers.

You're lucky you get to work from home. ;)

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I too have a home office. It is full of junk and computers and printers and about three square feet for me to work. My "desk" is a 6-foot folding table. There are three file cabinets, an old dining room server acting as a credenza (mostly it holds CDs, DVDs, and ammunition), and a bookcase on top of the "credenza" holding computer books.

Oh, and a large picture of Wrigley Field on the wall. A fanciful imagining of a night game before the lights, with fans lighting the field by flashlight from the stands.

Hey hey.

Ed Bonderenka said...

When I interviewed for my current job, I was asked by the HR Mgr, where, if they contacted my former mgrs, they would say I needed improvement.
I said, keeping my desk clean.
Valves, cables, manuals and a laptop in a cube. That's my office.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger