April 30, 2011

Toad you so

I went out to mow those portions of my yard that are not still swamp. As I poured gas from the can something jumped next to my foot. I had to be careful not to spill the gold gas, so I could not check out what kind of critter was trying to attack me until after the tank was full.

I knew it wasn't a snake, it looked more like a grasshopper, but I know those only appear around my dandelion patch in the fall. I soon spied my petite aggressor.  It was a toad about an inch or two across.

I picked it up and gave it a lick.  Not only did it not give me the Timothy Leary Buzz I needed to get through the yard work, it tasted like old moldy leaves.  Plus, it pissed in my hand. I threw it clear. Just to keep from running over it with the mower -- I don't want any smelly hippie environmentals out here giving me trouble.

I got the yard done and decided that since I missed out on Earth Day due to incessant rain, I would get out the Roundup and do some killing. I got me some weeds and maybe a few flowers that jumped in the way. I sprayed some driveway grass right next to the bare spot in the yard. How does grass grow in concrete but not dirt a few feet away?

As I sprayed the last weed bed I accidentally might have got some overspray on a little toad. I really did not mean to -- he was hiding under some green weed-looking stuff. I am pretty sure it was the same toad that previously failed in every way to give me the psychedelic trip around the bay. I don't think I would lick the Roundup toad now.

It is supposed to hit the mid seventies today with SUN! maybe I will have a stogie this afternoon.

Enjoy your Saturday.

2 comments:

Rae Rae said...

Amazing what a little sunshine can do eh?

mts1 said...

How does grass grow in concrete but not dirt a few feet away?

Just to f*** with you. Grass is the asshole of the flora arena. It grows where it'll cause pressure and slowly erode things like cement and mortar, but refuses to root and is a delicate as a Shuttle launch in places you want a nice carpet unless you hire some monthly spray company to douse it with chemicals that'll make a superfund site out of the yard, where you'll never want even your grandchildren trying to grow tomatoes in that putrid soil.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger