June 4, 2011

It has been a while since I detailed my reading habits.  I am sure you all have tuned in every day to see what I have read.

No?

I last detailed the books I have finished back in March. Below is an update (in order).

A Confederacy of Dunces  by John Kennedy Toole
Peter Simple by Frederick Marryat
The King's Own by Frederick Marryat
True Grit by Charles Portis
Follow the Stone by John Locke
Lethal People  by John Locke
Lethal Experiment  by John Locke
Saving Rachel  by John Locke
A Death in China by Carl Hiassen and Bill Montalbano
Now & Then by John Locke
Wish List by John Locke
A Girl Like You  by John Locke
Skipped Parts  by Tim Sandlin
Vegas Moon by John Locke
Capitan Blood by Raphael Sabatini
Sorrow Floats by Tim Sandlin
Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella
Don't Poke the Bear by John Locke

Yes, I have been spending a lot of time with my nose stuck in an electric "book". The total is 40 books finished since Christmas.

As you can see, I still have the habit of reading everything I can find by an author once I enjoy a book. I especially loved the Tim Sandlin books, and plan to read some more soon. The wife is getting a bit testy about the number of books I have purchased. Well not really, but I have a backlog of more than 50 books on the old Kindle and I want to work some of them down before I buy any more. For the record, all of the 55 books I have waiting in queue on the Kindle were free.

I am not sure what I am going to read next.  I may go back to Marryat or Sabatini.  I might take on Midnight Cowboy or Forester's Passage to India.

A friend gifted me with a bunch of non-fiction hardbacks that belonged to her father. I might just take on a real book for the first time since Christmas. I will let you know in a few months.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Not because anybody cares but, I just finished one of two bios on Georgia O'Keeffe and The Green Mile.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger