November 7, 2011

Pimpin'

One of the blogs I read is the Erin O'Brien Owner's Manual for Human Beings. I may not agree with Erin's politics, but her other stuff is often quirky, fun, and entertaining.

But her politics, oy.

Anyway, I was surfing around on Amazon looking for stuff to read on my Kindle and I found this short story by the loverly MS O'Brien. The wife keeps a tight control on my book money, but I promised to do extra chores for the $0.99 it took to move this book wirelessly to my electronic reading device.

I am not going to spoil the plot, but what book can be bad that has major elements of guns and money and hunting? The whole thing is a bitter clinger's wet dream.

Buy the book.  Read the book.  It will only take an hour or two, and the price is far cheaper than going to or renting a movie.  Plus-- you own it.

Consider it your own personal crusade to share the benefits of capitalism with Erin.  When she gets that big royalty check from Amazon she might become one of the rich Republicans she denigrates! That prospect is worth a buck in my world.

Besides, People Who Need People is a good read.

If you do not have a Kindle, you can get a free Kindle app for your computer.

4 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Thank you thank you thank, Joe, for the shout. And thank you again for reading my work.

Ralphd00d said...

Welp, for $0.99 I suppose I can get it. Sounds interesting enough.

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy her writing again other than kill all the old fat white guy thing. I will have to pony up the bucks and have a good read. James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

"she might become one of the rich Republicans she denigrates!"
Yeah, like George Soros, Michael Moore, and many others.
oh, they're not?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger