April 20, 2012

It was my first time and I was a little nervous

Today, I did something today I have never done before. I turned to the Government to solve a problem. Yes, I filed z complaint with the Attorney General's Office. For months and longer these assholes at Credit Card Services have called my home phone, my cell phone, my wife and kid's cell phones, and likely your phone too. The recording always tells me time is running out to reduce my interest rate on my credit cards. These calls always have a fake '800' number and the caller ID is from a different state most every time.

Occasionally I try to talk to a real person to find out why they are calling me.  Today I spoke with George. George said he could fix any credit card if I gave him the numbers. I told him I would not give out those numbers without more information.  I asked his name, that is how I learned it was George. He gave the company name as "Credit Card Services". Things got a little dicey when I asked for a phone number and address. George just laughed and said I don't need that info. When I asked where he got my phone number he started his speil again. When I said I was on the State and Federal Do Not Call lists he laughed and told me"too bad" and hung up.

I know the State will do nothing, but what the heck, if we all complain enough...

I know people have to make a living in these tough Obamanomics, but those assholes can suck rotten eggs.

7 comments:

Rita said...

Filed mine with the Feds. When one of the guy asked me if I wanted to reduce my rate, I asked for his name, date of birth and social security number. I began answering my phone FBI.

These people aren't solicitors, they're scam artists. I got to the point where I just called them scum and hung up.

They were calling a couple times a day a few months ago, luckily it's backed off now.

CnC said...

I've cussed these assholes out and asked them why the hell they are calling me when I was on the do not call list and was told they have the right to call because I was a credit card customer. Thats when he got an ear full. I still get these calls almost ever day. let us know how your complaint comes out Joe and if there is anything we can do to get these scumbags!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

What we need to do is find out where these people live.

And kill them all.

Rita said...

Nathan just gets right to the point, doesn't he? I sure feel like I could strangle them every time they call.

Ed Bonderenka said...

police whistle in the phone mouthpiece.

CnC said...

these assholes called again yesterday and I waited to talk to a real person for about 5 minutes. when he came on the line, he forgot his name.
I let him get thru his bit then i asked him why I was getting this call and was he with my bank. of course he hung up.
Credit Card Services again.
Those bastards !

Dave said...

After an online discussion elsewhere, I Googled Card Services, and found an entry on the Missouri Attorney General's web site saying that the outfit is a scam.

I suspect that there is not one "Card Services" but several. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the operations shuts down, and another two start up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the originators of the scam have been shut down, and other people have been stealing that same recording we all know and hate. After all, what's a little copyright violation if the purpose of your business is fraud?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger