September 23, 2012

A rambling post about anything but politics

It appears to be a fine Sunday morning. The sky is a brilliant blue as seen from my west facing office window. I would call it Prussian Blue if I had to choose a color from the Crayola box.  I don't think the big 64 color Crayola box contains Prussian Blue anymore, "Prussian"  likely offends someone's sense of decency and taste.  Whatever the color, the sky is brilliant this morning.

It is chilly, but not cold in the house. Hot days, cool nights marks this time of the seasons. I am drinking my coffee from a stained Cubs coffee mug. Life is good.

We went to my daughter's yesterday to help paint her living room/dining area/kitchen. My son-in-law had already done the trim work around the ceiling, so the task was not too bad.  The humidity was low, despite the rains of Friday night, and there was a stiff breeze, so the walls dried enough to get in a second coat before dinner. The room looks very nice. I am somewhat stiff this morning.  Sore is not the right word, but I am not my usual creaky self either. I can feel the muscles in my arms and back mildly protesting the work.

The whole family gathered Friday night to celebrate birthday season.  All three of my kids have birthdays within a two week period from mid-September through October 1.. I know what you are thinking, January must have been a special time around the old homestead back in the day. I say nothing in return. We had a great time. Everyone was in a fine mood.  The restaurant served a leisurely meal allowing for talk and laughter and reminiscing and good-natured teasing. I sat at the head of the table basking in the glow of family, secure in the knowledge I was picking up the hefty check.

The youngest is home for the first time since school started in mid August. It is nice to have him back in the house.  We have to take him back to college today. There is not much more on tap, a little reading, a little football perhaps. we shall see what fate puts before us.

Have a good Sunday.

6 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Oh great. Now I want to blow off this work and spend the rest of the day playing with crayons.

Hey teacher... said...

I'm thinking it might have been more cerulean blue unless you had a storm approaching.
The family get together is a highly under-rated event. Glad you had a good one.
By the way, is your daughter still teaching?

Joe said...

Yep, teach, she is facing a very challenging class this year as a first grade teacher. She is in her fourth year as a teacher.

BTW I saw Tony Bennett got slapped down. I agree with the court.

hey teacher... said...

1st grade. Yow! I have 6th graders and they make the 8th graders I have seem like civilized humans(well most of the time). I wish her luck.


TB needs to go, that is the disease AND tuberculosis.

Joe said...

I heard a guy on the radio make the observation he bet TB was the mirror image of the principal in Ferris Bueller when he was a principal. I laughed and laughed because you know it is true.

Joe

hey teacher... said...

Only with more power.
So many great lines.

Ed Rooney: Les jeux sont faits. Translation: the game is up. Your ass is mine.

Cameron: [in disguised voice] Pardon my French, but you're an asshole! Asshole!

Grace: Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger