July 6, 2013

New boss, same as the old boss


 I found myself awake and quietly treading the floors of my tiny house at o'middle of the night on Independence Day. After a time I sat down and surfed the interwebz. I took the time to reread the DoI on my July 4th post and I was struck by the list of abuses perpetrated by King George and how many our current Government has copied.

I spent some detailing those similarities for a post to be published today.. I should have just read Ed's blog -- he did the work for me. I guess it is true that great minds think alike.

See what I get for not supplying you with the very freshest of content?  See my reward for writing the old blog a few days in advance? Not only does Ed write better, he scoops me too!

I could whine and complain (I am) I could vow to get even for the imagined slight (that would take years, millions of dollars, an cost countless lives).

I would like to say I could learn from this situation.

I cannot, since I am writing this on Friday morning to publish on Saturday.
 Here is the original post.  Save time and go over to Ed's instead. 

What have we done to America?


In re-reading the Declaration of Independence,  I was struck by the list of grievances against the King.

In particular look at these and compare to the current President's actions:

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
President Obama says he will not enforce the DOMA. President says he will not deport illegal immigrants.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
Obama administration sues Arizona over illegal immigration laws

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers. Obama DoJ dismisses Black Panther intimidation case.

 He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. Obama has more czars than the Russians ever had.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power. Not yet, but he is working on it. 

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: Obama agrees to follow UN Treaties in violation of 2nd Amendment 

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: EPA fees cost you hundreds of dollars and more

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences Can you say "Gitmo or Drone strikes or domestic spying, or stealing your phone records or etc...

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever. Obama to fight State voter ID laws 

This is just a quick perusal.  Scary, isn't it, how easily we accept tyranny?  If they could, the Signers would come back and kick our asses.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Joe, you're too kind.
What i find interesting is that last year, I called into the Bill Bennett Show on July 4th and practically read that post on air.
This year they repeated the theme (without attribution, which is fine) and then the discussion went on to the coup in Egypt.
Then the talk turned to "Do we need a coup in America?".
Just the thought that that would come up on Bennett's show shows how far we've come.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger