September 24, 2014

Hump day random writing

Good morning blog world. It looks to be another beautiful day here at the old homestead. The air definitely has the feel of early fall. I really meant to get a post up yesterday but shit happens, as the saying goes.  I had the afternoon off. I threw in a load of laundry then I dusted and vacuumed the place.  The day was warm and nice, nary a cloud in the sky. I grabbed my book and sat on the patio burning a good cigar and reading until the wife got home from work (6-1/2 x 50 Siglo if you must know).

An old friend I have not spoken with in a long time called after supper. It was great to talk to him,

As I hunt and peck this post a ragged vee of geese just flew over the house, the flock's backseat drivers honking directions to the leader while he honked arguments back.  The giant willow in the backyard stands mute as they pass, the long limbs almost touching the ground; no breeze stirring it today.  On the opposite corner a big blue spruce stands sentinel over the little garden shed.

I sit inside drinking coffee, thankful God has seen fit to give me this day.


1 comment:

Cappy said...

Geese flying in Script Ohio formation were spotted over Cleveland.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger