November 9, 2014

Minutiae

I have to go in to my part time job this morning at 11.  Yes, I am working two jobs for the time being. That is not a complaint, just a fact. Anyway, I was in my home office setting up my new laptop (from my real full-time job) on my home network. I glanced at the clock and realized it was 10:00. I still had to shower and drive to work. I packed everything up and then glanced at my phone to see when I got off work. The phone said it was only 9:00.  Ah, stupid time change last week.  I forgot to change my office clock.

I have not spent much time in there in recent months. Soon, though. As soon as my training time is up I expect to get back into routine of work and travel.  I have grown accustomed to telecommuting over the past two decades.  This working in a real office stuff is weird. All of those people. Wearing shoes. Showering every morning. Scheduled lunch times. Driving to work.

While I actually like the part time job, and especially the people I work with, I am looking forward to having my weekends off. Another month or so and I am free. Stupid bills.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger