February 1, 2015

F-f-football

Yeah, I'm going to whine about football. I thought the Pro Football Hall of Fame was about honoring the best players, not recognizing a guy because "it is his turn". Maybe Tim Brown deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but not when you compare his numbers to Marvin Harrison's feats on the gridiron. Harrison has more yards, catches, and touchdowns in 65 fewer games.  To argue, as some have, that Brown had to get in now because so many great receivers were coming eligible in the next few years is a crock. If you are not the best, you should not be in. Period.

Oh, and if JJ Watt is not the best player in football, then I don't know who is.

And since I'm bitching, the SnowTeam/ScareTeam missed even their low estimate on snow totals by about two inches. They started the lets all panic and run to the store and buy milk eggs and bread because snow, earlier this week. By Friday night they were claiming we could get upwards of a half foot of snow. Yesterday morning the prediction was 3-7 inches. This morning I doubt there is even one inch of snow. The models are wildly wrong 8 hours out, and I'm supposed to believe these same weather experts can predict the climate ten, twenty, or fifty years from now?

My coffee cup is empty and so is my tank of complaints. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Maybe we're getting what passed you by. Started late last night and hasn't stopped yet. No doubt we've accumulated 4" on top of what was already here.
It's winter. Won't last forever.

Enjoy your Sunday, Joe.

Ed Bonderenka said...

It's getting deep here in Mi.
It's snowing a lot. too.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if there's nearly a foot here. The drifts are like a foot and a half.

Grumble grumble, waaaah wah.

:(

Phil says six more weeks.

Stupid snow.


Freddie

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I left town (driving) on the 27th headed for DC. Got there and then watched the weather people beclown themselves for days before they finally admitted that, yes, I-70 wasn't going to be buried in 8" of snow and ice for my trip back.

My buddy who works at the airport watched $100,000 worth of deicer chemicals sit in a tanker near the runway for basically no reason.

When the Weather Channel stops anthropomorphizing storms, maybe they'll be able to concentrate on getting their forecasts right. I did notice that nobody else was actually using their name for the storm, not even the NWS.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger