June 22, 2015

A very short tale in which the hero laughs to himself but felt bad nonetheless

I was sitting at a stop light somewhere on the northeast side of Kansas City, MO last week. A car in the lane to my right rolled down his window and waved frantically. I rolled down my passenger window. "Hey Man", he says, " How do I get to Overland Park, Kansas?".

"Dude, I'm from Indiana. I have no clue".

"Fuck" the very tone of that expletive said he was having a bad day indeed. I really had no idea beyond a vague knowledge that Overland Park was south and west, which I doubt would have been too helpful.

4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Better than sending him the wrong way inadvertently.

CGHill said...

I went to a convention in Overland Park a couple years ago, and I have family all over greater K.C.; but I don't think I could have given him good directions from way the heck out northeast.

hey teacher... said...

Going to Kansas City this weekend. Best recommendations for BBQ, etc...

Joe said...

All my customers are NE of the city. I'm usually in and out heading to or from other places. I can't recommend much at this point

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger