October 11, 2016

Not exactly chipper this morning

I was up at 2:45 this morning. I did not wake up, my usual MO these days. Instead, I was still up watching the Cubs lose to the Giants.  The usually stellar bullpen blew a lead in he bottom of the eight, giving up three runs to fall behind 5-3. Cubbie Kris Bryant tied the game in the ninth with a two-run homer that just cleared the wall in left field. The game ended in be bottom of the 13th on a walk-off double giving the Giants tne gictory.

As a Cubs fan I feel that same old bile building in my gut as I tell myself that no, I have not seen this movie before. I guess I have to remind myself that you can't win 'em all and that the other teams were bound to win a game or two as the Northsiders try to win it all.

So now I'm tired and cranky. Worse, I developed a cold over the weekend that has now settled in my chest. A hacking cough and running nose makes me not exactly miserable, but darned uncomfortable.  I am working on my presentation for next week's sales meeting. So that does little to improve my dour mood on this beautiful fall Tuesday.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Feel better. They won tonight.

hey teacher... said...

Now who's a happy boy?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger