October 3, 2016

"Underpants" is a funny word

I picked the wrong day to go to the ball park. The Cubs rallied in the top of the 9th to beat the Reds in a meaningless game yesterday. Now they wait until Friday to play the winner of the one game wild card series.

If the NFL really wants to grow football in London, and I remain sceptical as to why, then they need a better showcase than they got yesterday. The Colts v. Jags contest pitted two bad teams playing bad football. Penalties, dropped passes, broken plays; it was like watching a high school game. I quip that " I could have caught that pass". In reality one hit from an NFL linebacker and I would collapse on he field crying in the fetal position from pain. But then I don't get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to catch that pass that hit me in the chest.

It is a paperwork Monday. Reorts have to be written, the Man must be informed of my activity on behalf of the company.  If you find my prose limited, stilted, and boring around here, you sure do not want to read one of my call reports detailing a customer visit.  Veni, Vedi, Vici it ain't.

I suspect you have sat in your favorite chair reading my prolific musings and said "Self, I bet it would be near-Nirvana to hang with that Joe"  Well, here is an example of what it is like to be in my sphere on a regular basis: the wife came home from WalMart last night. I refused to go with her because -- well I did not want to. She came in and said the house smelled funny. "What, like a clown?" I quipped.

Thank you, I will be here all week. I did help carry in the bags and put the items away.

I hope you had a great weekend. Now try to have a good Monday. Look at the bright side, every day puts us one day closer to the election being over and we can return to being inundated with car commercials instead of political ads.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger