June 18, 2017

a little bit of everything

Good morning. Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there. Storms rolled through during the wee hours last night. There were lots of flashes and booms. I turned over and went right back to sleep.

I helped my Son-in-Law carry out some heavy furniture for a big yard sale yesterday. One of the items was a huge desk and credenza from when I rented an outside office. It is an executive sized desk made of genuine imitation oak. It is heavy as heck. For you sentimentalists in the blog world, that desk is where the first couple years of my blog posts were composed. Just think, some anonymous stranger owns a piece of furniture that will likely be worth millions to museums and collectors once my true genius is recognized.

After we got the sale set up I helped move boxes from the basement. They are starting to get stuff packed. The family will be temporarily moving in here next weekend. Did I mention I am a little sore this morning? When did I become such a weak old man?

Despite such a busy morning, we moseyed up to the greater Lafayette area to attend a high school graduation open house. We spent quality time with my wife's family, which is something we don't do enough. I genuinely like almost all of her relatives.

And that, my friends, is how I spent my Saturday. I do not expect Sunday to be any more exciting. Mostly, I plan on spending my Father's Day parked on the couch watching a little baseball. Come on over if you want. Bring some Cheetos (the puffy kind) and some beer. If the weather cooperates we will sit on the patio and burn some fine tobacco lovingly rolled between the thighs of a beautiful Caribbean maiden. Hey, let me have my fantasies. I know my stogies were likely rolled by the fat fingers of a sweaty crone or a haggard old man. I choose to believe otherwise.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hope you had a great Father's Day!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger