February 24, 2018

Red Vines or Twizzlers? The debate rages on

Heavy rains are falling on the already water-logged soil this morning. The forecast calls for it to continue raining most of the day.

In this society of knee-jerk reactions, I see several companies are pulling support of the NRA. That is their choice. A (semi) free economy works like that. I wonder how long they will stick to it after several million NRA members boycott those same companies? Sometimes I think we forget that organizations are made up of people, they are not a faceless lobbying bogeyman. I’m not a member, it is no skin off my nose. I just find it interesting, as an observer of life in these times.

There, after almost 13 years of blogging, I have finally hit on the title I should have used for this blog O’crap — The Life and Times of an Average Joe. The next time I start a blog I will go with that. Maybe. That is an even better title than The Race Bannon Chronicles or The Shawnee Supper Club. On second, or third, or nineteenth thought, I ought to have gone with Bag O’Crap Blog. I could have gone old-school and used Musings of a Mudsill.*

As far as I know, we have nothing scheduled for the weekend. I need to change the furnace filter, there is that. I bought a couple of bags of salt for the water softener. I could pour those in. How does that sound for excitement on a big Saturday night? The softener is not just a luxury. The water is so hard here you can almost hear it clink into the glass straight from the tap.

The enchiladas I had for supper last night didn’t sit too well. I feel better this morning. I guess I will forgo the details. You’re welcome.

My coffee cup is empty and so is my very shallow well of content. The coffee cup situation I can remedy. Getting meaningful content is a whole ’nother matter.

I hope you have a great Saturday.


* I’m not doing your homework for you today.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Did the rock salt in the water softener yesterday--got a jump on the weekend here in AZ. Don't forget to check the critter traps in the shed. The rats here go for slices of citrus with the rind attached. Got a big male the other day. Rebaited for momma but she may be eating the neighbor's wire insulation this week. I got time.

Anonymous said...

Liberals do not have a common sense gene.



James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger