October 9, 2018

Et Tu, Cleveland?

Fall Break is a thing. Just like spring break only...duh...it is in the fall. That means no granddaughter today.

Just to clarify, I am not on fall break. I gotta work. And when I'm not doing the paying boss' stuff, I need to do THE BOSS' stuff, like mow the yard, get things from the attic, and be an all-around sexual satyr. OK, I made that last one up.

The wife bought me a new grill over the weekend. My old one has been unusable all summer. The bottom rusted away completely last winter and the burners were rusted away as well. This time we went to a better model that did not seem like it was constructed from Chinese aluminum foil deemed too crappy to sell at the Dollar Store.

You get what you pay for. The unwritten corollary is that sometimes in life you pay for what you can get. We bought that crappy grill because it was what we could afford at the time. Now I have a box of parts sitting in the garage waiting on me to turn them into a metal box for cooking steak, chicken, and burgers.

Say, Grandpa, what's for dinner?

The boy's car keeled over on the highway at rush hour yesterday evening. He was sitting at a stoplight and the car died and won't start. It will not even turn over. We called a tow truck: $55 to have it towed less than 1/2 mile to the Kia dealer. The car is under warranty for big stuff. I hope it is nothing expensive if it isn't covered. Neither of us has the cash for auto repairs.

It is always something.

3 comments:

dragonlady474 said...

It must be the season for car issue. My daughter was run off the road by someone not paying attention, a friend (who had just paid off her car) hydroplaned and went into a ditch this morning. Yesterday my turn signaler broke right off. It's just crazy.

Jean said...

Between Sept. and Oct. I spent $1100 on my Jeep.
I keep saying it might be time to look for something else to drive.
Sometimes I really hate cars.

Curt Uebelhor said...

2 weeks ago, new transmission for my 2000 Tacoma pickup with 282,000 miles. Luckily my nephew found one at the salvage yard and put it in for $700 (that includes the tranny). I still crave a small pickup but they are getting hard to find. Whose idea was it to upsize the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier? They should be drawn and quartered!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger