May 18, 2019

Rediscovering some classic rock

I find David Crosby's live version of his tune Triad from the CSN album Four Way Street to be haunting. I rediscovered the Jefferson Airplane version the other day:


While I have never been a devoted fan of the Airplane or Starship, I concede that Grace Slick can sing. She has pipes, baby. Take a listen to White Rabbit if you are too young to remember the psychedelic age. Look it up yourself, a little research is good for the soul.

Without sounding like the "Get off my lawn" old curmudgeon I'm becoming, I maintain they don't make rock music like this any more.  They don't make rock music any more. What is left of "old" rock and roll moved to country and is sleeping on the couch, eating Cheetos, smoking dope,  and occasionally making an appearance on a track or two of guitar-heavy chart toppers.

Meanwhile old codgers like me cling to the pathetic classic rock stations playing the same 50 songs from 40 or 50 years ago. Really, Elton John sang more than Rocket Man and there are more rock artists than Queen and Aerosmith.

Last night a BMW SUV pulled up next to me blasting bass-heavy rap music.

A Dead-Head sticker on a Caddilac indeed.

3 comments:

Greybeard said...

How many commercials do we hear with '60's-'70's Rock as background music?
And it's no longer because we boomers are where the money is.
It's because the new stuff is crap.

Ed Bonderenka said...

There are too kinds of music.
Good and Bad.
Bad is more prolific than good.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Two.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger