October 7, 2019

Cornbread and coffee for breakfast

The littlest one is sleeping fitfully in the baby swing. Sunlight filters through the family room window shades. The wife is upstairs taking a shower. The older granddaughter is at preschool. I'm typing away on my old iPad as the baby murmurs little whimpers in her sleep. Another Monday morning is upon us. 

I'm fighting sleep myself. The room is silent except for the noises from the sleeping 5 month-old and the faint roar of the shower in the distance. I stayed up too late watching the local football team grind out an upset victory. I slept as usual - like a baby; thrashing and whimpering and waking up every three hours. Just as I do every night. 

I wish I had more to report. I am endeavoring to persevere.

Go forth and toil. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger