November 17, 2019

What it is like to leap from a perfectly good airplane

Back to the mundane that normally dominates these pages.

I raked the leaves again yesterday. I got three big waist-high piles just in the front yard alone. Looking out the blog room window at the tree in the front yard, I see several more such piles are still hanging on the tree waiting to fall at the most inopportune moment. I am taunted by a maple tree. I won't even get into the evil Bradford Pears in the backyard that have not even started turning yet.

After I raked, the wife came out and helped me drag the Christmas stuff from the attic. I did not start stringing lights or building trees yet, but the stuff is down and available for the wife to do her decorating thing. Mind you, getting down the Christmas stuff is more effort than you imagine. The wife goes all out in her decorating. The entire house is transformed. There are three trees inside, another for the front porch. Every knick-knack is changed out for a snowman or Santa. The stairs are covered in garland. The chandeliers and mantle are covered in greenery. The joint looks like the set of a Hallmark movie.

I noticed the people down the street were stringing lights yesterday. They just turned them off and took them down in April.

No plans for today outside of football. Unless the Boss says to put up the big tree. Then I will salute and say "Yes Ma'am".

And do it after football is over.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Some neighbors put up lights and we got an early record snowfall.
Wuit it.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Quit it.

Cappy said...

Now that Lori Loughlin is on the way to the klink, The Griswolds will rule The Haulmark Channel all season long with an iron fist!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger