April 7, 2020

Bat Soup Flu Diary Day 28

I’m sporting shorts and a T-shirt as I sip coffee this morning. It is forecasted to be a fine spring day.  In typical spite, Mother Nature will replace this gorgeous weather with near freezing windy conditions starting Thursday. So it goes.

I wrapped up watching The Sopranos yesterday. What the heck? That’s how they end it? Seriously?

Made a meatloaf for dinner last night. Mashed spuds, asparagus and crescent rolls filled out the meal. It wasn’t bad. I added some brown sugar to the ketchup glaze. Normally, I’m not a big fan of meatloaf. My mother made the worst meatloaf ever. I never developed a fondness as a consequence.

I am currently on hold with the unemployment office. I tried unsuccessfully to connect yesterday. I tried more than 90 times to get through. I felt like a teen girl trying to be the 100th caller in a radio station giveaway. I don’t care how long I’m on hold, as long as I can talk to someone. That’s what headphones are for!

Go forth and have a great day.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hopefully you get through soon. With so many out of work they need help in that dept.

Joe said...

I spent 2-1/2 hours on hold with the DWD this morning. I was told I would be transferred to the right person.

Of course I was disconnected. It’s the Government.

I’m currently back on hold again — this time I am currently at 2:35 .

I’m sure the call center is going to have to transfer me again.

My life sucks.

Joe said...

On hold 3:27 hours. Disconnected as I was transferred again.

Said many many very bad words.

Now on hold again. 1:18 and counting.

Jean said...

I remember the same frustration back in 2008.
So sorry for everyone going through this.

Practical Parsimony said...

I absolutely despise being cut off after a correct transfer. I don't say bad words, I just put a pox on the whole thing.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger