June 14, 2020

somebody owes me because...

Reparations.

Taking money from people who never owned slaves and giving it to people who were never slaves.

Where do you stop? Other racial groups had it bad too, by varying degrees. Do you think the Chinese, Native Americans or Hispanics had it easy? What about the Irish or Italian immigrants? What about the decedents of black slave owners? Do they pay themselves? Do the fifth generation progeny of free-born blacks get a partial payment? What if Aunt Betty was in a mixed race marriage?

Do only whites of European ancestry have to be punished pay? What if grandpa arrived after 1865? What if your grandma marched at Selma? Do you get a partial reprieve? Will we all have to take a DNA test, register at Ancestry.com to prove our bonafides or guilt?

Reparations.

What a mind-numbingly stupid idea.

Want another Civil War?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I read Joe we are headed there. We don't get to pick our color at birth and I'm not going to apologize for it. If all of us could just be kind our world would be a better place. My parents families came from Poland (Jewish) and Italy. They didn't have too great either.

Anonymous said...

My ancestors date back to the building of the pyramids in Egypt. My great ancestors were the slaves who built and died doing so. I'd now like a percentage the tour guides charge to sightseers. You can wire transfer the money into my investment accounts. Thank you.

Ed Bonderenka said...

My grandfolk weren't even here....

Ed Bonderenka said...

And want it or not, it's here.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger