June 13, 2020

We are going to start by changing out that white ceiling fan

I thought I posted something yesterday. Nope. Apparently I only wrote it in my mind.

So it goes.

One of my favorite historical topics is the French Revolution, probably from my reading of The Scarlet Pimpernel as a kid. In a very small way the events of the past few weeks remind me of that time.

Don’t worry, I’m not heading off on a political rant this fine Saturday. No, I am referring to the whole woke/cancel cultural aspect. As the far left political factions took hold in Revolutionary France, each strived to move further than their political rivals. Eventually people were called out for thought crimes. The political elites went so far as to dress in rags to prove their bonafides; they were no better than the poorest Parisian.

Today we see nonsense like calls to cancel cop shows on TV and even a kids’ cartoon about hero dogs because these shows deign to show police in a positive light. Mme. Guillotine shaved necks for  equally frivolous political points. Yes, 9/11 really was a generation ago. Things change fast in the political landscape.

I have the day off. The wife has a list of projects longer than my arm. Most of them are going to suck. That is probably why they aren’t done yet, they involve either hard work, spending money, or both.

A brief rain squall just passed by. That will leave most of the planned landscape projects wet and nasty. But will it be wet enough to strike them from the Honeydo list today?

Since it only rained for about seven minutes I’m gonna guess the answer is a resounding “no”.

Ah well, I hope you have a great Saturday.



PS, only after writing the title did I think it could have a political interpretation* . That is far from the truth. There is a white ceiling fan in the family room. Not only is it ugly, it makes a huge noise when you turn it on. One of my to do projects is to replace that ugly white fan. The new one has been sitting in the garage for a couple of weeks.

* that is a sign of how far we have come, even referring to color in general terms can get you in trouble. See French Revolution above. Remember the cure to all of that craziness was Emperor Napoleon.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger