June 10, 2021

Life lessons

The sun is obscured by clouds today. It was raining in the predawn hours. Not currently. Like the commercial says, no one cares if I got up early. I never, ever use a speaker phone while walking around a store though. If you do, stop. It is obnoxious. Not as annoying as bringing your dog into the store, especially if you put it in a shopping cart. Still...


Yes, that is tomatoes on the vine in my tiny garden. In a few weeks I will have luscious fruit/vegetables with dinner. Providing the varmits don’t take a bite from the hanging ‘maters first. I put spray on and around the garden to discourage the rabbits and chipmunks, but the daily rain washes it away.  The jalapeño is blooming so I’ll be using my own peppers in homemade salsa soon too. 

The forecasted rain is supposed to hold off until early afternoon. I may try to limp through a mowing if things can dry out a bit before the next cloudburst. Me and the Doughboy are making cinnamon rolls for the grandgirls first. 

There, you have another dose of the minutiae that is my life. A whole post of words sans meaningful content. 

Seriously, don’t use your phone on speaker in public. That is your public service message for today. It takes no more effort to hold it to your ear than it does to hold it near your mouth. Just stop it. We can all hear your conversation. 

We don’t want to. Trust me.

9 comments:

Jean said...

I think you should share your homemade salsa recipe.

Joe said...

1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes * ( I drain off a very small part of the liquid)
1 whole onion peeled
Juice of 1 lime
1t garlic
1t oregano
Salt
1 or 2 jalapeño peppers depending on your taste (de seed if you want mild)
Cilantro

Pulse in blender or food processor

*3 or 4 fresh tomatoes

You can make this for less than the jar stuff and it tastes way better

Anonymous said...

Keeping animals out of your bounty. Buy white plastic fork or use any you've gotten with to go food. Push into ground around edge of garden, tines up,or next to low plants the deer and wildlife eat. It reflects in the moonlight and they leave and go to the neighbors yard. Works for me.

Margi

hoosierboy said...

Thanks Margi, Ill give it a try

Anonymous said...

I don't like the rain, unless it comes while I'm sleeping. But BOY did we need it. (Small blessings. I'm thankful for every single one of them these days.)

Sunshine, however, loves rainy days.

Go figger!


Fred

Joe said...

Maybe 1/2 teaspoon garlic and oregano

I just add the right amount by feel

Jean said...

Sounds yummy, Joe. Thanks.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Nextel promoted the walkie-talkie phone.
I knew one of their sales reps.
He would go up to someone in a restaurant and explain to them how not to annoy others.

Cappy said...

Margi - Anti-deer punjis.

I like it!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger