June 30, 2021

On this date

Thunder rumbled and heavy rains rolled through in the pre-dawn hours. I’m glad I watered the flowers and garden last night. 

Today marks 37 years since I stood in the Methodist Church and pledged my love to my wife. The intervening decades have shown lots of ups and lots of downs. I couldn’t think of anyone I would rather be with.

So it appears the break in my foot is no better or no worse. It goes 75% across the bone and is about 18mm long by 7 mm wide. My pain level is low. My swelling is high. I walk with a slight limp. The limp may go away as I adjust. I can live with it or have surgery. A screw will be put in the bone to pull it back together. The doctor suggested I try to get by a few days and see how it goes without The Boot.  

I know the answer. I don’t like it. 

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations to both of you. Sorry about the foot.

Cappy said...

Happy Anniversary and get well soon!

slugmama said...

Congratulations on 37 years of wedded bliss(and not so bliss because seriously marriage ain't for sissies!) 8-)
Hubs and I will cross the 39th threshold come end of August so we know a few things like you do. Nobody I'd rather have glued to me than my spouse either.
I hope your bone/screw situation works out. Hubs had a twisted break in his tibia a few years back and now sets off airport alarms with the metal rod in his leg and screws in his ankle. meh.

Practical Parsimony said...

Congratulations to both of you. That sounds like a bad break to be putting weight on. Have it fixed.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger