July 1, 2021

Mr Bubble bubbles you clean

Thunder rumbled and heavy rains fell in the overnight hours. Yep,, the same as the night before. Normally, I sleep well during such precipitation events, not so last night. Once awake, worries crept in and played on repeat as I dozed and woke the balance of the night. Once I was king of compartmentalism. Now I cannot shut off my brain. 

I grilled up a couple of very nice ribeye steaks for anniversary dinner last night. Some baked spuds and asparagus provided adequate sides. We even shared a rare bottle of wine. Then while I cleaned up the mess the wife did laundry. Not too romantic but reeking of true every day domestic bliss and division of labor. 

I once again have Lido Shuffle by Boz Scaggs stuck in my head. This seems to happen about twice a week. I can only guess that song plays in the background rotation at work and thus gets into my brain. I don’t care much for the tune, but my disdain doesn’t reach the heights of loathing I reserve for anything by Steve Miller or Afternoon Delight

Have a great day. I made other plans.

1 comment:

hey teacher... said...

Catching up on the news from Joetown. I certainly agree on the drek that is Steve Miller music. Afternoon Delight is no such thing and never got on the Boz Scaggs train to snoozeville. I hadn’t heard Celluloid Heroes by the Kinks for awhile, but did the other day. Great song but damn those lyrics get stuck in a loop in my cranium 4 days on. All is quiet on the southern front.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger