June 19, 2021

Who’ll stop the rain?

 Boo Hoo Whaa. I suspect you are all in a frazzle that I did not purposely entertain you with a musical selection yesterday. I didn’t want to. I’m not going to this weekend at all. You may soak in your disappointment or you can hike up your pants and get on with your day. 

Unsettled weather has invaded the Midwest. Heat and heavy storms rolled through in waves yesterday and overnight. Oppressive humidity filled in the holes between rain. We can expect similar today. Thunder has rumbled the last hour or so, and heavy rain is beating on the roof as I hunt and peck the keyboard. 

We are off to a family reunion later today. It appears the rain will mitigate by mid-morning, giving an opportunity to gather reasonably dry in the reserved shelter at the park. I have to throw together a batch of my famous and requested corn salad and a desert this morning before we load up the coolers and sally forth. This gathering is my wife’s family, my relatives pretty much few and nonexistent these days. Luckily, I like the wife’s kin pretty well, so I don’t mind spending time with them. 

The people across the street are hosting a graduation party for their youngest this evening. If the party is like the other two, it will go until well  into the wee hours. We will stop by when we get back in town. 

The wife and I are real social butterflies today. 

Corn Salad

2 cans southwestern/ Mexicali corn drained

One small yellow onion, diced 

One green bell pepper diced

1 cup real Mayo

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar

1 bag Chili Cheese Fritos (not regular Fritos. Don’t substitute)

Stir everything but the chips together. 

Crush the Fritos and stir in right before serving. 


I know, it sounds yucky, but trust me, this stuff is good.

Just to be clear, it is not”my” recipe. I don’t know where we got it. I have been making it a long time. I don’t want the perpetually offend to get all worked up.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger