July 15, 2021

Bureaucracy Rules All

I got an email from my short term disability insurance provider this morning. The doctor still hasn’t submitted the forms for my claim. A call to the doctors office got me voice mail. I eventually got a real person who told me it takes a week to ten days to fill out the paperwork. I was very polite and nice, believe it or not. I asked how it can take so long to answer 8 questions on three pages? One was my name. One was the doctor’s name. One asked if I was pregnant. That leaves five questions.Seriously, how long can it take to cut and paste from my medical record? 

I pointed out that I am not getting paid from work and that bills and groceries etc. are depending on a timely effort on the part of her office. I got a yeah but...ten days. I told her I had a firm deadline for submission by early next week and I better not get denied because of the doctors office bureaucracy. 

I might as well have discussed it with the neighbor’s dog. 

I’m getting cut and screwed tomorrow morning. You will certainly not get a post tomorrow. Maybe Saturday. We shall see. I’ll likely be bored out of my mind sitting and resting. I might add I’m not sure how much longer I can refrain from dropping a political rant. Social programs are not “ infrastructure “. If you think so you are a moron.

I’m still not sure how I’m going to navigate the stairs. I suppose I’ll stay downstairs until I absolutely have to go up and stay up until I absolutely need to go back down. I hate the idea of my wife waiting on me, bringing food and drink, etc. I remember the days after my eye surgeries when I needed help to navigate even to the bathroom and it as awful. I am not a good patient. 

My daughter brought over a meal for us to have this weekend. She says she will bring over more tonight. That’s very kind. I have the best daughter ever. I told that wasn’t necessary. She whispered “you know Mom can’t cook”. 

Anyway, have a good weekend. I’ve made other plans.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your surgery. What do you mean childcare isn't infrastructure surely you jest.... Just kidding it's so stupid but then I live in Texas where we let Democrats run to DC and pay those crybabies $221 a day.

Joe said...

Texas should do what Indiana did a few years ago, stopped the stipend and then fined them for not showing up

Melissa said...

It should be interesting the governor plans to call a special session every month and if the return to Texas they will be arrested and takes to the Capitol and locked in.

Jean said...

I hope all goes well during surgery.
Be glad you have people willing to help take care of you.
Hope the dr's office gets its sh@t together.

Cappy said...

Good luck on the surgery, and a rapid and complete recovery,

Anonymous said...

Prayers for surgery and beyond.

Cheryl said...

Just read this today, hope your surgery goes well, little pain, and your wife doesn't kill you. Call the doctors office every day, they'll get it done so they don't need to hear you complain. This extra money every money to help children in poverty is a joke. My husband made less than $63,000 a year and we never felt like we were in poverty. Making up to $150,000 is not poverty. More votes I guess.

Joe said...

Thanks for your kindness everyone

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger