July 19, 2021

I’ve got Tuesday on my mind

 I am up. I did my one-legged shower thing. Crawled back down the stairs. Sitting here already exhausted. I’m wearing Dockers and a polo. I’m off to work. Not at the big box, but at a slightly better crappy job, handling inbound calls at a big insurance giant. No not that one, the other one. I won’t be calling you, rest assured, inbound calls only..

It is not my old job for sure. It is still hourly, but at much higher rates than the other guys. It is a desk job, no more heavy lifting. I’m a little concerned about going in right after surgery but that was how it had to be. 

I have a knee scooter, which should help me navigate better than crutches. 

Unfortunately the whole get upstairs, shave, shower, get dressed thing leaves me so exhausted (not even 1 once of weight can go on my right foot - try it for about five minutes) that I’m ready to puke marathon runner style before my day even starts. 

So it goes. God has blessed me with a physically easier job at higher pay and I am thankful.

Have a great Monday.

10 comments:

Cappy said...

Glad you got a better job.

What? You want to talk to me about my car warranty?

slugmama said...

So glad the surgery went well! And about the better less physically taxing new job. Wish the timing of the two were better.....

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

G-d bless you, Joe. May you have a speedy recovery, and hopefully this new job will work out for you.

Jean said...

So there's good news mixed in with the crappy stuff. Congrats!

Practical Parsimony said...

So happy for you and the new job, but sorry getting ready is so painful. The new job sounds so much easier on the body.

Ed Bonderenka said...

God is good.

Cheryl said...

Glad you're feeling better. New job, higher pay, and out of the house, your wife is blessed.😁

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new job.

Anonymous said...

Finally some good news mixed in with all the crap we're being dealt by stupid, greedy people in '20 and '21.

I'll be including you in my prayers.

...and maybe a speedy recovery for Joe? Amen.

Fred

Joe said...

Thank you, my friend

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger