August 29, 2021

Trying on new stripes in the department store fitting room

I’m up early on this fine Sunday morning because reasons. No, I don’t know those reasons. Just because, I guess. I woke at 4:00 on the nose. I finally gave up on going back to sleep at 4:30 or so, and — ta da — here we are. 

To be precise, here I am. You will enter the picture at some further point in time. It may be minutes after I publish. It may be later today. It might be next week or month or next year. It could be decades in the future, provided President for Life AOC hasn’t declared me persona non grata and had all traces of me and this blog erased for badthink. Nothing would surprise me. 

It could be future me will repudiate every word I’ve written over the past 57 years at this blog after pain and torture at the re-education camp. 

I might change my opinions on my own.

In my training  at Big Insurance we did an analysis of personality types, so we could sell to the customer in a way they could relate. As such, we had to take a test of our own personality. They called it something else in Big Insurance training, but behold, I was the Type A-iest of Type A personalities in the class. By a wide margin. That may or may not surprise you.

What you might not know, is as a youth and even in college I was pretty shy. I had no issues giving a speech or even being in a play, but generally I was insecure and terrified around strangers in one on one situations,  especially girls. And even later, I had a problem picking up the phone and calling people. 

I got over it. I became the strong personality you have come to love and admire in these pages.

In the same fashion I could throw away all common sense, historical perspective, economic  understanding, lack of hypocrisy, and reasoning altogether and become a Democrat. 

Yeah, probably not.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Not at all surprised at the shyness thing.
I believe there might still be a trace of it remaining.
Not a bad thing.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger