November 21, 2021

I can’t wait to get back to work and rest up

I’m up early after staying up late. The wife’s CPap sounds like a jet engine this morning. Coupled with some indigestion, I find myself up and typing away. Light rain is tapping on the window.

I raked up the leaves from the front yard yesterday. Then I cleaned the leaves from the gutters. For fun I dragged the outside decorations from the attic. I got the wreaths hung on the windows, including the second story. I got the big wreath hung above the garage. Lights were hung along the roof line and on the bushes and shrubs. I still have to put the lighted garland around the front door and on the porch railing. I was tired by supper time.

I plugged the outside Christmas lights into a smart plug. Since my spy devices report on me to the Amazon overlord anyway, they might as well know when I turn my decorations on and off. In past years a simple “turn on the Christmas lights” flipped the plug. Now they should come on automatically when it gets dusk. They all turn off with a simple “goodnight”. No more going outside to unplug the whole shebang like the old days. Technology really does make our lives simpler. 

There was one bit of excitement. As I climbed into the attic I managed to scrape the top of my skull on a nail. It hurt. When I reached up to feel the ouchy, my hand came away bloody. As I climbed down the ladder I could feel blood running down my head onto my neck and forehead. I grabbed a clean towel we use for washing the car and applied pressure, sure I was going to need stitches. There were drops of blood on the garage floor and on my sweatshirt. After a few minutes the bleeding stopped. No ER visit was required. It did take two washes of my hair to get it clean when I showered later.

It can all be summed up with the word “Saturday”. A little sweat, a little blood, a little holiday joy. 

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Ouch! I hope you have fixed that nail so it cannot attack again. Your house decorations sound very pretty.

Joe said...

I’ll post a picture when it’s done but it will look just like the pictures from last year

Eva Wilson said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog.

Regards,
Online Dissertation Proposal

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger