November 6, 2021

I myself have seen my wilder days

 I’m glad it is Saturday. It has been a long week. It looks like we will finally have a dry weekend and I can get some fall chores done. I need to mow and pull up frost-dead flowers and plants. Patio furniture needs to be stored for the winter. Most of that will have to wait until tomorrow. We have a wedding to attend up north in the early evening. 

I have a Boston Butt in the freezer. I may try to smoke a little pork one last time Sunday while I’m working outside. Maybe. The boss will let me know. That’s how things work around here. 

I know I won’t get everything done I want. I just remembered I promised the boy I would help him move the last of his furniture into his new house tomorrow. Yes, I forgot to mention he moved out last weekend. It was nice having him and his little dog around, but I am glad to get my office back. 

I can’t believe we are but a couple of weeks from Thanksgiving. 

Have a good weekend. I hope it is less busy than mine.

What say we end on some music. It’s not from ‘71, but it has been stuck in my head for some reason:


Man, I played the heck out of that Greatest Hits album back in the day. It was the soundtrack for Friday night parties when just-married us lived in an apartment across the hall from our best friends. Both our wives worked late on Friday evenings and my buddy and I would sit on the balcony, drinking beer, smoking cigars, and listening to Hank while waiting on the girls to get off work.

Funny, he is still my main drinking and smoking buddy to this day. We just do it a little more laid-back these days. Kind of like the song says, if I think on it. 

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I enjoy reading about your doings for some reason.
It's encouraging to read that God has worked on your behalf.

Joe said...

God has been very good to me. He has blessed me for sure.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger