December 8, 2021

Evansville was a major war effort producer in WWII

 I stayed at this Hampton Inn last month and found the breakfast offering a bit inadequate. It was this morning too. I will survive. I’m now in the toe of Indiana’s boot doing my job this morning before heading home. The big question is do I take a scenic route or head straight up the interstate? These are the decisions that weigh on my mind this morning. 

Many, many years ago I stayed in a hotel and when I came out in the winter morning the employees had scraped my windows, and everyone else’s in the parking lot. That is service. I’m not sure why I just remembered that. I guess because I wish someone would go scrape my truck windows this morning. I wish I could remember where the great customer service happened? Maybe it was a HoJo in or near Franklin, PA? It doesn’t really matter. 

For you young readers, Howard Johnson was an iconic restaurant and hotel chain back in the day. I think they are all gone now. 

I’m off to do my Willie Loman  thing. Have a great Hump Day.

5 comments:

Cappy said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaQxUEfxt0

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope your day goes better than Willy Loman’s. (I know, autocorrect wants it to be Logan.)

Greybeard said...

I LOVE my Hoosier roots!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51wZ84Laxbg

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

They built LSTs there. The last fully-operational one (LST-325) is usually docked there as a museum and open for tours. It is not one of the ones built there, but it was the one they were able to find when they went looking (it was being used by the Greek Navy at the time if I recall correctly). It's quite a story and a great tour if you get the chance.

She stood in for the USAT Dorchester in a film made by the Scottish Rite NMJ for one of its degrees (which features the Four Chaplains). I was typecast as the rabbi's father :) and was the ONLY member of the cast allowed to keep my beard for my part.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Breakfast at the Hampton was usually the selling point.
Not so much lately.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger