February 14, 2022

I’m hungry

The Big Game was entertaining. I didn’t really care who won. 

It is the Big Hallmark Holiday today. The wife made me agree to no cards, no flowers, no nothing. We would go for dinner tonight. Of course, I thought that was a great idea.

I have to do a colonoscopy on Wednesday for reasons. Reviewing the paperwork, I realized I have to start my prep today. I am banned from solid food starting this morning. 

So what? That means no cards, no flowers, no gifts, and no dinner

Being a resourceful couple we just went to dinner last night. It didn’t matter. The fake holiday is just a day on the calendar.

7 comments:

Cappy said...

Up periscope!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I dropped in Saturday morning and saw the pic of your grandbabies. Wanted to comment then but couldn't because: (1) Tallman interrupted; and (2) I can't comment on your site on my phone without using a URL or a gaggle account. (I think maybe its the tech lords, who've decided they don't like me [of course, I DESPISE them as well] and don't want me commenting anywhere.)

Anyway. They are adorable!

Enjoy it all you can while you can. Before you know it they'll be turning 20 like Sunshine just did!


Freddie

Jean said...

Freddie, your Sunshine is 20????
Now I really do feel OLD.

Joe said...

I cannot post comments to my own blog with my phone. I have tried to turn off the robot thing to no avail.

Ditto Jean. How did Sunshine get to be 20?

On the other hand, my youngest was just 12 when I started this piece o crap and now he is 28

Joe said...

And thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jean - 20! And now nearly half-way through nursing school on an academic scholarship! She wants to be a labor/delivery nurse at this point I think.

Yes. I can remember reading about your youngest going off to college, HB. Was he the one working on a music career?

Anyway, time flies. I'm really hoping they get to raise their children in a free country like we did!


Fred

Jean said...

You must be very proud, Fred. Congratulations!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger