February 13, 2022

I’m a Woman’s Man, No Time to Talk

My iPhone had some issues and I had to get it replaced a month or two ago. Thank goodness for insurance! While setting up the new phone I noticed a substantial amount of music had disappeared from my iTunes library. Over the years I had downloaded huge amounts of music from my large CD collection and now all of those songs were gone.

To be fair, I think the “lost songs” disappeared long before this new phone. I haven’t listened to much music on my phone, instead opting for audible books and podcasts when driving the past few years. I know there was a huge issue with iTunes on the ancient laptop I used for years as a personal computer. The music could have been lost then. 

Yesterday I dragged the big storage bin out and pulled a few of my favorite albums from among the hundreds of stored CDs and downloaded them into iTunes. The whole process to get them into my phone library was harder than I remembered, but I have updated my phone through the cloud for years. 

A few of my favorites are back on the phone, and that was the point. 

What I didn’t remember was not only do I have a lot of CDs, I own some terrific music I forgot I even had.  There were albums I don’t even remember buying! I know at one point I got rid of a lot of music from my phone when I had close to 1,000 songs taking up memory. Now I have around 400. That is probably enough. 

I do need to go through those hundreds of CDs and give some of them a listen. I am missing some good music for sure. Then I can selectively add a few more good tunes. 

Who knew I owned the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack? Not me. And no, that wasn’t one I added yesterday.




2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

A couple years ago, Windows locked me out of my hard drive music folder.
I did not have administrative rights, even though I am the administrator by their own reckoning.
Fortunately, the music was, for the most part, stored on my old phone and I could upload it.

i never got the appeal of the Brothers Gibb.

Cappy said...

I've got a lot of CDs, have Skynnard. Strangely enough, no Neil Young.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger