February 2, 2022

Reasonable

A big winter storm is brewing. We are all set here at the compound. Snow shovels are staged. A big bucket of ice melt is on hand. We have milk, eggs, and bread. The Jeep is in the drive gassed and ready. We have bottles of water. Blankets,  candles, and flashlights are available. I have guns and ammo in case unruly neighbors try to steal my extra jar of spaghetti sauce. 

We have all of that  stuff available any time. 

I stuck food and water in the car. I don’t know why, but the news assures me that is essential. 

No I didn’t. I have common sense. I am not going anywhere. If I was, then yes, I would prepare. I was a Boy Scout.

It reminds me of an encounter with “that guy” when I was doing my stint at Lowe’s. He came in looking for “a big ass space heater” a few days before a predicted storm. He wanted one big enough to heat the house if the power went off. I showed him the kerosene heaters. He didn’t want to mess with that. “I want the biggest electric heater you got”. I asked if he had a generator. “I ‘splained  it already” he said. “I want a big plug-in heater to warm my house when the power goes out. I don’t wanna fuck with no gas or kerosene “. 

I pointed him to the electric space heaters. I’ve no doubt he returned it later because “it didn’t work”. 

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

This storm has a name, I've heard.

It's name is Landon.

Stupid.

Stop naming winter storms.

Cheryl said...

Our power went out a couple of years ago and while making polenta on our gas stove it was very lumpy. I asked my son for the immersion blender to whip it and get rid of the lumps. That smart ass kid gave it to me and watched me plug it in and obviously it didn't work. He reminds me of you.😁

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger