March 22, 2022

Come on Over

...and bring your chain saw. 

A big limb just fell from the giant willow in back. Too bad it wasn’t one of the dead ones. Getting rid of this is going to be expensive. No one wants to carry it through the gate and around the house. I guess I’ll try to saw it up. How to get rid of the debris is the issue. 

The whole tree probably needs to come down, but it will change the whole backyard. The tree is probably 50 feet tall. The trunk is six foot or more in circumference. I suspect it will cost thousands to bring it down based on location. It sits right between three houses, enclosed by my privacy fence.

Can’t do anything until it quits raining.

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

For the right price, someone will want to carry it for you. Remember, some trees have value, so consult your insurance company. I had a tree that could only be cut with extreme care.

glasslass said...

Had a very large tree that had to come down. Got prices from 2 to 3k. Well, I'm a cheapskate. Was at bridge one afternoon and heard chainsaws going out side. He came in to get paid and I asked if he could come price my tree. Showed up 2 days later and said $750. I paid, he cut and hauled. Yep, pays to be cheap. Good luck but look for the ones not advertised.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger