March 12, 2022

Not really in the mood for blogging today

 


The wife and I saw ole’ Hank back in the Eighties. It was at the old Holiday Star Theater in Merrillville, IN, up in Da Region. Some Internet research says he was there in March of 1986. It is possible that is the concert we attended. I might have related the tale, I’m getting old and repeat myself. No really, I repeat myself.. 

Hank wasn’t the best show I’ve seen. He was pretty wasted. He played only portions of his hits, getting half through a song then moving on when he stumbled over the lyrics. Towards the end they brought him a chair. He had a hard time sitting upright. 

While not from that show, this was more like what I saw:



4 comments:

Greybeard said...

If you've not seen Ken Burns' "Country Music" miniseries, find a way to watch. It is excellent.
I had forgotten about Hank Jr's fall that almost killed him.
I'm glad I ain't him.

Joe said...

I enjoyed that series when it came out

Practical Parsimony said...

I live in Cullman, AL where Hank jr once lived. I was lacking sleep, overtired, perimenopausal and driving along blocks from home in the historic shopping district when I saw two men who looked like Hank, then another man, and finally a group of men who all looked like Hank,Jr. I suppose I saw at least 20 men who looked like him.

Rushing the last few blocks, trying to hold onto my sanity so I could drive safely, I rushed into the house and called a friend, telling her I might need to be put into a mental institution. Crying, i explained all the men I saw. She told me there was a Hank William, Jr. look-alike contest being held in town.

You can imagine my relief.

Joe said...

Ha!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger